Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Ixtapa Day 5

Today is a tropical storm day. The front rolled in with a flash and bang show this AM before dawn. It has been pouring since.

So what do people do at a Club Med in Ixtapa Mexico. A bunch of kids are in the pool. The security guard is watching with his security poncho on and the moms are sitting on the lounge chairs with umbrellas. About a hundred kids under the age of 8 are in the theatre practicing for tonights kid show. It is now about 5:30PM and the kids are getting cranky. Showtime is at 8:45. I'll let you know later how that turned out. Adults are in all the nooks and crannies with books, games, some kids, drinks. The DJ has come to the LaEstrala Bar early with his music mix.

The Pacific ocean is an ominous battleship gray with rolling surf that mutes the sound of thunder. Or maybe it's not thundering. Who would know. It sounds the same.

Dear hubby has been drilling on the tennis court previous to today and wants his kids to know he won a tournament on the first day. His shoulder still annoys him and he may be seen asking the bar boy for a bag of ice, and a bourbon. My dad has settled in rather well and keeps up his exercise and my sister in typical little sister fashion always seems to get us in trouble with the staff. Not bad trouble. They just can't do their job because they are laughing at us so hard. The Chief de Village is flummoxed because the staff is supposed be making the guests laugh and have a good time. The other guests look at us and just shake their heads. I am constantly reminding people that I left the sober world of adulthood at my birthday last month. I now officially qualify for my Social Security Pension and senior citizens discounts (which by the way are the same rates as children under 12) . Therefore, I reason that since I don't have to pay out as an adult anymore I don't have to act like an adult anymore; my sister gets by saying that she is training for the day she is not an adult anymore. Life on vacation is bliss!

No Photos this time as I left the cord to the iphone back in the room.

No comments: